OpenOffice available?

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
Tue May 22 23:28:37 UTC 2018

> On 2018-05-11, at 07:01, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>
> Is there a port of OpenOffice available for the Mac?  I used to use it many moons ago on BSDi (a predecessor to FreeBSD), and quite liked it.
>
> I'm particularly interested in using Impress, but a few searches have been less than successful,

I’m also a former BSDi user.  When I started evaluating Apple hardware and the OS X operating system as a possible replacement for Suipermicro hardware and the BSD/OS operating system, I discovered NeoOffice.  It was a derivative of OpenOffice that had been modified to run as a native OS X application.  I found it to be much better than the early OpenOffice.org attempts to develop OpenOffice for OS X.

NeoOffice is available from NeoOffice.org and from Apple’s App Store.

--
Merton Campbell Crockett
e-mail:   m.c.crockett at roadrunner.com
mobile:  1(805)377-6762