MacPorts 2.5.0-beta1 now available for testing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 25 19:05:00 UTC 2018

On May 25, 2018, at 12:57, Zero King wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:36:39PM +1000, Joshua Root wrote:
>> It's been a week with no new tickets filed against base. I'll give it
>> one more week and then, if nothing comes up, tag a release candidate.
>>
>> - Josh
>
> I tried the rc1, and unar is now "broken". How can I fix it?
>
> unar is using libstdc++ (this installation is configured to use libc++)
> Error: Port unar is still broken after rebuilding it more than 3 times.

It's "broken" in that it links with libstdc++, even though MacPorts believes it will link with libc++ on your system. The rev-upgrade code in previous versions of MacPorts did not check for this kind of "broken".

Fix it by fixing the build system to use the right C++ standard library (the one in the ${configure.cxx_stdlib} variable).