MacPorts 2.5.0-beta1 now available for testing

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:31:31 UTC 2018

> On May 26, 2018, at 9:40 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> Unfortunately, we have no way to tell Xcode to use one of our compilers. I believe we need to create some kind of Xcode-specific file to tell it about each of our compilers, then update the xcode portgroup to use that. Nobody's done that so far.

I’ve been using a simple workaround for several years now, but kept it to myself so far.

Simple enough to symlink  the compiler / cctools parts / and ld in the 10.6 SDK to the equivalents in /opt/local.

With this, I can force clang-3.9 / libc++ xcode builds on 10.6.8 with a few simple xcode.build.settings, and build lots of things that way.

So it’s quite possible, but I don’t know if it’s bakeable into a macports port.

Ken