gegl issue when doing rev-update

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Mon Nov 12 13:57:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 2018-11-09 18:43:56 +0100 Ken Cunningham
<ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

> openexr was updated a few days ago
>
> the new library version is  /opt/local/lib/libIlmImf-2_3.24.dylib
>
> it looks like gegl (gegl-0.2) is gone now. Not sure where or when it
> went.
>
> there is gegl-0.3, gegl-.04, and gegl-devel.
>
> You should most likely uninstall gegl, and install one of the others.

This is what I have :

$ port installed | grep gegl
   gegl @0.2.0-20180218_2+quartz (active)
   gegl-0.4 @0.4.0_0+quartz
   gegl-0.4 @0.4.2_0+quartz
   gegl-0.4 @0.4.6_1+quartz
   gegl-0.4 @0.4.8_0+quartz
   gegl-0.4 @0.4.12_1+quartz
   gegl-0.4 @0.4.12_2+quartz (active)

how can I try uninstalling gegl-0.2 without causing issues? I notice
it is the active "gegl" without version suffix.

If I try to uninstall gegl:
$ sudo port uninstall gegl
Note: It is not recommended to uninstall/deactivate a port that has
dependents as it breaks the dependents.
The following ports will break: gimp2 @2.8.22_2

I wonder if it is correct and ig gimp2 is using gegl-0.4 or generic
"gegl" and by that the 0.2 version.

Is this actually the expected situation? I would have thought I could
have older versions, but they should be versioned and that only latest
would have no version.

Riccardo