gimp2 install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 14 06:31:01 UTC 2018

On Nov 13, 2018, at 20:33, Uli Wienands wrote:

> Ok, so I did upgrade tk. That went ok, sort of. In the process of upgrading tk it butchered several other ports ("found 61 broken files, 5 broken ports"). In the process of fixing those it ran aground trying to install zstd. As a result, my octave 4.2.1 is now kaput :-(.
>
> (Which explains why I do not routinely upgrade things. If it ain't broke don't fix it.)
>
> Anyway, pressing on with gimp2. xorg-xorgproto now does install. Eventually it dies at zstd again. (port installed does not list zstd so I do not appear to have an older version installed).

zstd is a new dependency of the tiff port as of version 4.0.10. It's optional, but I decided to enable it always, for simplicity. If this causes problems, we can change tiff's zstd support to a variant.

The log shows you're building universal on 10.6. That (specifically building the 32-bit part on 10.6) is indeed something that does not currently work for zstd. See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57544.