Help please

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Nov 15 07:41:19 UTC 2018

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018, jam at tigger.ws wrote:

> The new bit is a Telstra NBN modem (for Aus’s new high speed broadband.)
> If any Aus user has tamed the Telstra NBN modem please tell me what and
> how.

I've had no problem with my NBN stuff; the wireless router connects to the
NBN thing, and the Mac talks wireless to the router i.e. it "just works".

One problem I do see from time to time is that the Mac drops its bundle
whenever the router is "upgraded" in the middle of the night; you need to
turn WiFi off then on again on the Mac (looks like a Mac bug; no other
wireless device here has any problems when the router resets).

I don't recall doing anything special, apart from locking an IP address
for the Mac in the router itself so it can be accessed from the rest of my
network.

-- Dave