Removing local ports from the registry

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 17 00:16:58 UTC 2018

On Nov 16, 2018, at 13:37, Mark Brethen wrote:

> There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?

The registry only contains information about installed ports. To remove information about a port from the registry, uninstall it.

The portindex contains information about all ports in your ports tree. I do not know what happens when you delete a portfile from disk--I don't know if the next time you run the portindex command that deleted port will still be in the portindex or if it will be removed. If it remains, you can remove the portindex file and regenerate it from scratch.