Gimp doesn't start

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 14:34:07 UTC 2018

> macOS mojave 10.14.1.
>
> I did a port install gimp. In the end the icon is there in the Apps launcher. Clicking on the icon results in nothing happening.

Try to launch it from Terminal and look for error messages.

Say, like, typing a line like this at the prompt (note that “Gimp.app” is a wild guess):

/Applications/MacPorts/Gimp.app/Contents/MacOS/Gimp.app (use the TAB key to trigger autocompletion)

Also, did you install X11? I’m not 100% certain, but last time I checked GIMP still needed X11 to run.

V.