Gimp doesn't start

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Wed Nov 28 07:29:40 UTC 2018

I tried the following:

Christophs-MBP:MacOS kuku$ pwd
/Applications/MacPorts/GIMP.app/Contents/MacOS
Christophs-MBP:MacOS kuku$ ls
GIMP
Christophs-MBP:MacOS kuku$ file GIMP
GIMP: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
Christophs-MBP:MacOS kuku$ ./GIMP
2018-11-28 08:23:18.176 GIMP[86714:1924234] Failed to connect (cancelButton) outlet from (ScriptExecController) to (NSButton): missing setter or instance variable
2018-11-28 08:23:18.176 GIMP[86714:1924234] Failed to connect (messageTextField) outlet from (ScriptExecController) to (NSTextField): missing setter or instance variable
Anzeige kann nicht geöffnet werden:

This looks like similar to the usual „cannot open DISPLAY“ in X11

I remember a lot of X11 dependencies being installed together with the GIMP port.

Well, when it would be so easy to just take the App from gimp.org, I’d think it wouldn’t be worth scratching head with this
but OTOH, with having the whole port install being done already I might be close to get it working.

—
Christoph