migration to mojave, my experience so far

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Oct 9 02:18:26 UTC 2018

FYI, here's my list so far of build failures I've encountered for mojave.  All have tickets, either existing or that I filed.  Four are already ok.  mysql57 isn't on the list, but #57273 tells how to get it built (need ld64 +ld64_xcode, and probably not
other versions of ld64).

Of course, I don't install everything, so this is not remotely comprehensive; and on the plus side, I have 1157 ports successfully installed, and no rev-upgrade errors.

There may be more later.  Pallet won't build without MacPorts_Framework; the various KDE games and libkmahjongg won't build without libkdegames, pftp won't build without libpftputil, and I think unsermake needs python26; so until the prerequisites build, I can't try those.  Extend that concept to those ports I don't even attempt to install. :-)

IMO, considering the impact of dropping i386, not to mention some build changes that also break things, it's not bad.

It's a darn shame there can't be a private buildbot running a public OS beta, to get an earlier jump on new OS support, not to mention a field in the tickets explicitly for port version, so that the buildbots could on build failure automatically check for, and if not found, submit tickets for build failures, making them a more useful part of proactively fixing build issues, perhaps sometimes before any mere mortal even noticed. :-)

Port					Ticket			Comments
MacPorts_Framework	#57080
MacVim				#57170
cotvnc				#57174, #57234