port not installing

M P mzp3769 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 01:11:56 UTC 2018

Listing of directory
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs
^%
is

drwxr-xr-x  29 messagebus  505         928 Oct  3 02:32 base/

-rw-r--r--   1 root        wheel  85608960 Oct  3 02:43 base.tar

-rw-r--r--   1 root        wheel       512 Oct  3 02:43 base.tar.rmd160

drwxr-xr-x   3 root        505          96 Oct  8 20:08 ports/

-rw-r--r--   1 root        wheel  64587776 Oct  8 21:01 ports.tar

-rw-r--r--   1 root        wheel       512 Oct  8 21:01 ports.tar.rmd160

drwxr-xr-x   3 root        wheel        96 Oct  8 21:38 tmp/

However, ports

drwxr-xr-x  4 root  505  128 Aug 22  2017 pxlib/

drwxr-xr-x  4 root  505  128 Aug 22  2017 rethinkdb/

drwxr-xr-x  4 root  505  128 Aug 22  2017 tokyocabinet-java/

are all empty.

I will ask tomorrow what the admin used for backup but quite likely
TimeMachine.

After motherboard exchange Apple installed Mojave so I did not do the
upgrade myself.