xephem seg faults on Mojave

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Thu Oct 11 10:00:32 UTC 2018

The current version (3.7.7) is three years old, and apparently quite stable (I've run it on various macOS versions before).  The macOS binary from the originator works fine on Mojave.

Clearly he has his own build procedures (his binary is statically linked with all the required X11 and OpenMotif libraries, which certainly simplifies distribution), and doesn't use MacPorts, so whatever linkage issue (probably, IMO!) this is, he wouldn't encounter anyway.