Odd gcc7, 8 behaviour on Mojave

David Nicholls david.nicholls at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 19 09:55:45 UTC 2018

Gcc not showing but fortran is.

I reinstalled Macports after the upgrade fro High Sierra (not from source, using the package from macOS Mojave v10.14<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/download/v2.5.4/MacPorts-2.5.4-10.14-Mojave.pkg>), and the normal Xcode procedures, then installed gcc7.

Using port select I set mp-gcc7 as the default: sudo port select --set gcc mp-gcc7

gfortran --version   shows the Macports version is installed and the correct version, but…

gcc --version still shows clang as the gcc install (exactly as before I installed gcc7) So I tried installing gcc8, same result.

xcode-select -p says Xcode and the tools are installed correctly. It’s version 10.

Any suggestions?

DN