Mojave and Migration

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 23 08:09:00 UTC 2018

On Oct 23, 2018, at 00:16, Michael Newman wrote:

> I followed the migration instructions which are found here: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>
> That sort of worked, except that some ports didn’t get reinstalled. For example, neither ImageMagick nor MPlayer were reinstalled. It was easy to manually install them, but now I’m wondering what else didn’t get reinstalled.
>
> (I found out that ImageMagick didn’t get reinstalled because a script I wrote which uses convert failed. MPlayer was just a random check.)
>
> Is there any way to find our without manually checking each and every port in myports.txt?

Sure, get a list of only the port names you want to know about. For example you could do that using:

awk '{print $1}' myports.txt

Then ask MacPorts which of them aren't installed. For example:

port echo not installed and \( ImageMagick MPlayer \)

Or:

port echo not installed and \( $(awk '{print $1}' myports.txt) \)