Mojave and Migration

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Tue Oct 23 22:42:50 UTC 2018

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 19:48, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Were there any failures shown in the output of restore_ports.tcl? Were
> the missing ports mentioned at all? Running it again will not do any
> harm since it will simply skip any ports in myports.txt that are already
> active; what happens if you do so?

There were many errors regarding obsolete ports and things like:

Error: p5.24-io has been replaced by p5.26-io

The script simply stopped running when it got here:

Unable to execute target 'install' for port 'texinfo': can't create directory "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_texinfo": permission denied
    while executing
"install_ports $operationList"
    (file "./restore_ports.tcl" line 287)

Now that I look at the script output in more detail, I see that it never got to reinstalling most of the missing ports, such as ffmpeg and curl.

I’ve just now finished installing all of the missing requested ports.

I’ll run restore_ports.tcl again if you think it would be worthwhile.