Building gnucash in native Quartz for macOS Mojave...?

Carlo Tambuatco oraclmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:46:46 UTC 2018

I’ve got gnucash installed at the moment, but it’s the x11 build not the native quartz build.

I’ve been thinking about following the instructions detailed here:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail>

for building the native quartz version of gnucash.

The instructions say that I also need to install x11-free versions of dbus and cairo. Basically the
instructions say if I don’t have x11-free versions of these ports, I should alter my variants.conf
file to include:
+no_static
+no_x11
-x11
+quartz
Then install gnucash and its dependencies including x11-free versions of dbus and cairo.

But then I was thinking when I migrate over to Mojave, and I have to reinstall everything anyway, I

could alter my variants.conf file then follow the migration steps on macports.org <http://macports.org/> and then x11-free

versions of gnucash dependencies will be installed as well as gnucash being build for native quartz…

right? Theoretically?

Basically, I’m asking if altering the variants.conf file as outlined in the instructions then migrating

over to Mojave per the steps on macports.org <http://macports.org/> will result in a native quartz build of gnucash without

breaking anything I’ve got installed.

Heck, I’ll even include a full list of my installed ports just to ask if following these

steps will break anything that you might know of… (it’s a bit long)

I see a lot of ‘arch=x86_64’ in that list, so those ports should not cause problems in Mojave, right?

Thanks in advance.