nmap

Stephen J. Butler stephen.butler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:56:03 UTC 2018

I know when I was doing some heavy scanning with nmap and macOS I came
across an issue with the kernel limiting the ICMP rate and that causing it
to skip ports. I tried fooling with net.inet.icmp.icmplim but ran into
other problems. My ultimate conclusion was it was easier to run it in
Docker using CentOS 7 :/