TeXLive distribution and macports

pagani laurent laurent.pagani at laposte.net
Tue Sep 11 12:11:14 UTC 2018

Hello,

> More than 6GByte meanwhile…

If you ask for the full install, I guess. +medium is about 3.5 Gb, more reasonable.

I chose the other way round : why not simply use texlive delivered by MacPorts and erase other versions ? (I did not find a version provided by Apple on my 10.12.6)

However I have one question :

I have a pair of .sty files which I would like my Latex editer (TexStudio) to automatically find. The simplest way is to add a /local/myfiles.sty in /opt/local/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex as I used to do with my former texlive in /usr/local but I am afraid this might be erased each time I upgrade MacPorts. Am I wrong ? Is there a way to protect this subdirectory (chmod to r+a would be ignored ?)

Thanks
Laurent

"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème" (devise Shadok)