TeXLive distribution and macports

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:01:23 UTC 2018

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 22:43, pagani laurent wrote:

> I have no idea why one needs to update Tex distribution several times a day or even every week.

Well, if you want to use TeX to control your smart home*** (like
lights and central heating system) and run a web server, the Knuth's
version from 1978 is not going to cut it ...
And if you want a fancy new feature that gets implemented a few hours
after you request it .... updating is the only way to get it.

Mojca

*** No, that's not a joke. ConTeXt can do that as well.