User information about macOS Mojave

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:12:46 UTC 2018

> The 10.14 SDK doesn’t embed the 32-bit libraries anymore. I suppose if you compile clang/llvm from MacPorts, you can still continue to develop i386 software, though access to Cocoa would be problematic.
I haven't dived into Mojave yet, but if all the system libraries  in /usr/lib and all the Frameworks are x86_64 only, then I don't see how that could work, even if you compiled against an SDK (like the 10.13 SDK) that still has i386 support.

Even gcc links into the system libs for lots of it's underpinnings.