User information about macOS Mojave

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 08:04:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 20/09/18 06:35, Ian Wadham wrote:

>> On 20 Sep 2018, at 3:54 am, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 19, 2018, at 11:54, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> So I think that the 10.13 SDK on Mojave, assuming one can still build against it there, may well be a short-term answer.
>>
>> Mojave requires Xcode 10 which contains only the 10.14 SDK.
>>
>> MacPorts doesn't have any particular support at this time for accessing alternative SDKs that the user might have placed in other locations.
>
> I am on High Sierra 10.13.6, but the App Store app told me to upgrade to Xcode 10 and command line tools 10 (on 19 Sept 2018), so I did.
>
> Now I am getting weird messages from ld when compiling and building some of my own C++ code which is based on KDE libraries obtained from Macports. Here is one example:
>
> ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks//ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking.
>
> There are other similar ones relating to CoreGraphics.framework, CoreText.framework, ImageIO.framework, CoreServices.framework and CFNetwork.framework.
>
> Also I am getting loads of compiler warning messages about mismatched ‘struct’ and ‘class’ keyword usages and loads of undefined ld symbols re the classes and methods affected. So the whole build fails.
>
> I had not edited, compiled or built that code since a few months ago.
>
> Have I gone an Xcode version or a compiler version too far? If so, what should I do?

I've updated and not had any such problems.

Have you installed / updated the command line tools for Xcode 10 ? They
should have come as an update on their own. Does clang give the ame
versions as below for you ?

  > clang --version
Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.2)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

Chris