Where Is pgAdmin3 Installed?

Mike Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 08:26:57 UTC 2018

> most (basically all) MacPorts GUI applications are installed in
>
> /Applications/MacPorts

If it had teeth it woulda bit me.

> > MacPorts doesn't have psql.
>
> Yes it does.

No it doesn't.

I've got postgresql10 installed, but it didn't come with psql, nor is
psql a package in MacPorts.

There is a question about psql and MacPorts on StackOverflow which
suggests getting it from homebrew.

psql is a command-line interface to postgresql.  But I can use
/Applications/MacPorts/pgAdmin.app - it's a GUI interface.

I'm going to write a Python web application but I need a manual
interface to postgresql so I can re-learn SQL.  I've never used SQL
often enough for it to stick.