`port install' from github tarball fails

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:50:09 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-25, at 5:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2018, at 10:35, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>
>> There is one hiccup. Updating macports with "sudo port selfupdate" does not respect the curlprefix.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. selfupdate doesn't use curl; it uses rsync.

There is a ticket about this <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55039>

If you install MacPorts with certain build options, eg a non-standard curlprefix, for example

./configure --with-curlprefix=/opt/bootstrap
make && sudo make install

and then later selfupdate, and a new MacPorts is noted and installed:

sudo port -v selfupdate

it will install the new copy of MacPorts ignoring the previous curlprefix (and some other build options are ignored as well).

So -- "sudo port -v selfupdate" appears to only really work with all standard installation options.

Ken