User information about macOS Mojave

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 28 22:32:24 UTC 2018

On Sep 28, 2018, at 13:20, Michael wrote:

> On 2018-09-28, at 9:50 AM, Thomas Bodlien wrote:
>
>> But why?
>> What do you need 32-Bit Support for?
>
> Wine is probably the best example of a 32 bit only port right now.

Wine isn't 32-bit only; it's universal. And with a few changes to the Portfile it can build 64-bit only. But then it can't run any 32-bit Windows software, which is probably rather limiting. As I mentioned in other threads, I'm working on a solution involving the use of the 10.13 SDK on 10.14 so that we can continue to build universal, and Codeweavers is working on a solution that will work even after macOS drops 32-bit support entirely, probably through the use of an emulator like qemu.