XTerm scrolling in xorg-server @1.20.4_0

Ken Preslan ken at preslan.org
Wed Apr 3 02:29:35 UTC 2019

The new xterm does indeed make xterms running natively on my Mac run
faster than they were yesterday.  However, it does not help the
performance regression for remote xterms running over X11/ssh forwarding.
Those are still majorly slower than they were last week.  Local and remote
Tcl/Tk apps are slower too.  Interestingly, scrolling in the "emacs +x11"
port is unaffected and seems just as fast as it was.

Thanks for looking into this.

--
Ken Preslan <ken at preslan.org>