XTerm scrolling in xorg-server @1.20.4_0

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 10:26:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

In order to compare the 1.18.x server version to 1.20.x I have put together a new port xorg-server-1.18 than is just a clone of xorg-server prior to the recent update. (So far I am not planning on committing this, it is just to allow some quick tests, but if there is significant interest it could be considered. I would prefer not to though).

So far all I have done is check the initialisation logs for the two versions. Attached. There are some differences, but whether these are just changes in the printout level, or something significant, I have no idea… 1.20.x does though explicitly mention DOUBLE-BUFFER which 1.18 doesn’t, which might mean something...

cheers Chris