change .conf files' ownership from root wheel to root admin

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:59:48 UTC 2019

I migrated my apps, docs, library from an old Mac to a new one, both using macOS Mojave 10.14.4.

On the old Mac, many MacPorts .conf files were owned by user root, group admin. Those include httpd.conf, httpd-vhosts.conf, httpd-userdir.conf

On the new Mac, these files are now owned by user root, but group wheel. That means I cannot edit these .conf files under my user account, which is in the admin group.

How can I fix this so as to restore these files to group admin instead of wheel?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334