X11 app - unable to open display ""

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Fri Apr 19 10:01:31 UTC 2019

Thanks. That did the job. I can now start the „gv“ (ghostview) port. But it illbehaves.
Some problem with the event queue maybe. Looks like lots ov expose events are generated.
Textfield in the left is flickering and is counting through all papersizes there are. Then the fileselector box
is flickering slowly. Hardly to operate.

Well, the application isn’t attractive anyway compared to what one is used of gsview64/32.
Not that the letter is the cream of GUI programs but it is usable and practical. Not more, not less.

—
Christoph