I'm already using Homebrew for a couple of things, Is it problematic to use Homebrew and MacPorts side by side?

Dmitri Zaitsev zaitsev at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Aug 10 02:14:54 UTC 2019

That would interest me too but I have the opposite experience --
I left HB in the exact same (broken) state as it ended up with after using
it for years (with increasingly broken experience) and MacPorts just worked
for me, to the point that it installed packages that would break if
installing from their official sources.

Could you illustrate by an example how the HB can affect them?

--
Dmitri Zaitsev
School of Mathematics

WWW:  http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~zaitsev/