Creating a startupitem for nsd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 12 03:06:11 UTC 2019

On Aug 11, 2019, at 09:19, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> In addition, just editing the Portfile and running another port install is apparently not enough. How do I get MacPorts to just do the LaunchDaemon install after I have edited the Portfile?

When you ask MacPorts to install a port, it will first check if there is a binary on our server for that version and revision of that port with the set of variants you specified and for the OS version you're running. If there is, it downloads and installs that, ignoring the build instructions in the Portfile.

Since your proposed change does change the files that get installed by the port, you would need to increase the revision. Doing so also ensures that there is no matching binary on our server, since nobody else has that revision yet, so MacPorts would build from source on your system.

You can also force a build from source by using the `-s` flag. (`sudo port -s install ...`)