What am I forgetting?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Aug 13 01:22:42 UTC 2019

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 01:24, Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> I have my own cloud git directory tree
> I cd to $thattree/net/unbound
> I edit the Portfile (startupitem), set revision to 1 (there was no revision)
> I run sudo port install unbound
> It is not built and installed as nothing has changed (but there has)
>
> What am I forgetting?

Did you add your local git checkout to configuration as your local
repository with higher preference?
    https://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html
Check this with
    port dir unbound
If not, "sudo port install" or "sudo port upgrade" (without port name)
or "sudo port install subport=unbound" should take the port from the
current dir, but "sudo port install unbound" will probably take the
one that's configured globally and returned by "port dir unbound".

Mojca