What am I forgetting?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 13:45:34 UTC 2019

> And the two ways this directory tree is going to be updated, git and port, they do not conflict? What if I do some git work in the nsd directory and then port updates it, aren’t my changes overwritten?

No, they do not conflict.

If you have told port that /Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev/macports-port is
your default source, then when you run

sudo port -d sync

( -d just means debug mode, which means you see what is actually run )

this then will in effect run

git pull --rebase --autostash origin master

in your checkout. The --autostash here means your changes will be
preserved. Next it will run

portindex

to update the index.

Chris