harfbuzz - strange compiler issues with gcc on 10.5

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Aug 14 14:28:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 15:05, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2019, at 02:14, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>
> > I tried building with clang-3.7 but it doesn't work, because the port wants then to issue -stdlib=macports-libstdc++, which clang 3.7 does not understand.
>
> We didn't backport that feature to clang-3.7? I wonder why we didn't.

At that time the patch took forever to merge even for the latest
version because everyone was afraid of the consequences or breakages,
and Jeremy did not provide feedback for a very long time.

At the end it was more like "it cannot do much harm if we only include
this in the experimental version", and from that point on we kept
adding it to all newer versions, and I don't remember any issues.

I assume there should be no harm in backporting it to older versions.

Mojca