harfbuzz - strange compiler issues with gcc on 10.5

Kenneth F. Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:43:58 UTC 2019

> > I tried building with clang-3.7 but it doesn't work, because the port wants then to issue -stdlib=macports-libstdc++, which clang 3.7 does not understand.
>
> We didn't backport that feature to clang-3.7? I wonder why we didn't.

The supporting technology for macports-libstdc++ did not exist in llvm until the 3.9 release.

I backported it into llvm-3.8 for my own use on PPC <https://github.com/kencu/LeopardPorts/tree/master/lang/llvm-3.8> but there was no reason to make that available for MacPorts so I never submitted it (and clang-3.8 has been deleted from MacPorts anyway now).

Ken