harfbuzz - strange compiler issues with gcc on 10.5

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Thu Aug 15 10:34:43 UTC 2019

Hi all,

On 8/14/19 4:58 PM, Kenneth F. Cunningham wrote:
> On 2019-08-14, at 7:52 AM, Kenneth F. Cunningham wrote:
>
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Headers/SecKeychain.h:102:46:
>>> error: shift expression '(1853123693 << 8)' overflows [-fpermissive]
>>>       kSecAuthenticationTypeNTLM             = AUTH_TYPE_FIX_ ('ntlm'),
>> I have fixed this error on several occasions previously -- I believe by adding "-fpermissive" as it suggests in the error.
>>
>> I thought I had that committed somewhere in my LeopardPorts repo, but apparently not. I know I have it somewhere, probably on my 10.5 Intel VM.
>>

> Ah yes -- I put the info here (and a lot more harfbuzz analysis as well):
>
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/58031>

I finally managed to avoid this problem because I was able to build
clang 5.0 and then built harfbuzz with clang 5.0 and this worked fine.

Could we add -fpermissive only when using gcc? is the compiler type
available? maybe something like compiler + mac version.

Since PPC does not have clang, it will be bitten by this issue.

Riccardo