libuv fails to build on 10.8.5

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Aug 17 10:54:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

First, please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

just installing the up to date ports for openssl etc. is not enough, as by default the fetches macports performs will not use these.

I believe there are ways to bootstrap macports to do this, but as I have no need of it (I don’t run such old OSes myself, apart from in VMs for test purposes) I cannot comment on how that is done.

( Updating your OS is really the best option, if your hardware supports a new OSes. 10.8 hs not received any security updates for quite a while now…. )

cheers Chris