MacPorts' VLC cannot stream to my Chromecast

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 18:20:00 UTC 2019

Andrew Udvare wrote:

> VLC built from MacPorts can see my Chromecast but it cannot stream to it.
> Seems to be a missing module based on the log. The version from the VLC
> website works fine.

Would you mind rebuilding VLC with `--enable-chromecast` added to configure.args
(don't worry about what variant to include it with) and report back if that
solves your issue? Or what error about missing dependencies you get?

(I'd do this myself - in due time - but I don't have a Chrome to cast to so
couldn't test anyway)

R.