New MacPorts ports database site

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 11:15:15 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 19/08/2019 12:00 pm, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear Chris,
>
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 11:52, Chris Jones wrote:
>>
>> Looks great. One question though, how are the port dependencies
>> determined exactly?
>
> At the moment they are sadly only taken from a single OS, but it
> should be the latest one.

If it where the lastest OS, 10.13+, then clang-8.0 should not be listed
as a build dep.

> The source of information is here:
>      http://nue.de.rsync.macports.org/macports/release/ports/PortIndex_darwin_18_i386/PortIndex.json
>
>> I ask as the site does not seem to happen ports
>> where the deps are OS dependent. For instance
>>
>> <https://ports.macports.org/port/root6/?tab=summary>
>>
>> lists clang-8.0 as a build dep,  but this is only correct on < macOS 10.13.
>
> I'm not behind my mac now, but what does you portindex entry say for
> root6 (it's just a slightly more compressed format than the one linked
> above). The above linked file lists
>      ["path:bin/cmake:cmake","port:gcc9","port:pkgconfig","port:clang-8.0"]

I am not sure what you are suggesting I look at ?

port deps root6 (on macOS10.13) says

Full Name: root6
@6.18.00_3+cocoa+davix+graphviz+gsl+opengl+python37+roofit+tmva+xml+xrootd
Build Dependencies:   cmake, gcc9, pkgconfig
Library Dependencies: libgcc, expat, gmp, giflib, jpeg, libpng, lzma,
pcre, tiff, xz, gl2ps, lz4, vdt, tbb, git, OpenBLAS, openssl, python37,
py37-numpy,
                       py37-jupyter, py37-gnureadline, py37-metakernel,
xrootd, graphviz, gsl, davix, libxml2
Runtime Dependencies: root_select

This is for my local machine though, where I use a git checkout of the
ports tree and thus portindex was generated locally.

Chris