MacPorts' VLC cannot stream to my Chromecast

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 20 06:15:24 UTC 2019

On Aug 19, 2019, at 23:13, Andrew Udvare wrote:

> I also don't know if proprietary software Portfiles (like the one I have for Bartender 3 https://www.macbartender.com ) would be accepted.

Usually not, though we do have some ports for closed-source software. Usually these are libraries that are required to build other open-source software. For example we have a port for oracle-instantclient so that php-oracle can use it, and libxl so that php-excel can use it. Also, if the closed-source software used to be open-source, then we might have a port for the last open-source version of that software, such as in the case of lingon.