How do I merge my own fork with updates from the main fork

miniupnp miniupnp at free.fr
Sat Aug 24 10:32:06 UTC 2019

Hello,

Well, it looks like you have added 6 commits in you master branch.
$ git status
should tell you that.
Merging upstream/master doesn't remove theses commits.
It just "merges" new commits from the upstream/master branch into your
current branch.

To understand what is in your branch, you should use the command :
$ git log --graph --decorate --all

the github graph is also useful :
https://github.com/gctwnl/macports-ports/network

What exactly do you want to do ?
- have your master branch perfectly in sync with upstream/master ?
In that case you should only commit in some other "work" branches.

- use your master branch as a "work" branch.
In that case I advise you to rebase on the upstream master.

$ git fetch --all --prune
$ git checkout master
$ git rebase upstream/master
$ git push --force origin master