Why does everything now want ncurses-bootstrap, which doesn't build???

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Aug 24 20:02:25 UTC 2019

On 24 Aug 2019, at 1:22, Joshua Root wrote:

> It's possible that the problem will go away if you uninstall clang-3.4
> and llvm-3.4. The bootstrap ports are only needed as dependencies of
> those, and you shouldn't need clang-3.4 any more once you've
> bootstrapped something newer.

I tried variations on that (deactivate and/or uninstall 3.4, 5, and 6 in
various combos) but every time I tested it something would pull in 3.4
and bootstrap packages.

So I've synched to the port tree with your fix from last night and am in
the middle of a massive rebuild, surrendering to my fate of rebuilding
3.4 and all the bootstrap packages with a clang-8 and tools that are all
the products of past builds using libc++.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org