LibcxxOnOlderSystems

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Aug 29 21:55:30 UTC 2019

On 29 Aug 2019, at 16:38, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>>> ---
>>> Now, how do I switch this automatic process off ?
>>> I really need to get my system into a working condition ;-)
>>>

> I suppose I could "git clone macports-ports" and go back in time
> untill
> I get to a point, where the LibcxxOnOlderSystems instructions for
> doing
> this stuff manually works ;-)

I successfully re-ran the LibcxxOnOlderSystems procedure last weekend
and have what seems to be a working setup on an original Intel Core Duo
iMac running 10.6.8.

I ultimately ended up here:

# port installed clang* llvm* libcxx ld64*
   clang-3.4 @3.4.2_12 (active)
   clang-5.0 @5.0.2_3+analyzer+defaultlibcxx+emulated_tls+libstdcxx
(active)
   clang-8.0 @8.0.0_0+analyzer+defaultlibcxx+emulated_tls+libstdcxx
(active)
   clang_select @2_0 (active)
   ld64 @3_1 (active)
   ld64-latest @274.2_2+llvm80 (active)
   libcxx @5.0.1_4+emulated_tls+universal (active)
   llvm-3.4 @3.4.2_12 (active)
   llvm-5.0 @5.0.2_0 (active)
   llvm-8.0 @8.0.0_0+emulated_tls (active)
   llvm_select @2_0 (active)

I was able to remove clang-3.7 but apparently it is likely that I'll
need to bring it back someday. I have kept 3.4 because cmake requires
it, even after I've forcibly rebuilt cmake with 8.0.  I had to build 5.0
because 8.0 is too picky for things I need on that machine.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire