Configuring Python3 on MacOS Macports

Ruben Di Battista rubendibattista at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 18:56:05 UTC 2019

Wait wait wait wait...

Why are you doing the `python setup.py` thing? I strongly discourage you to
use the system python to install packages globally.

What I suggest you is to use virtualenvs.

* Install py-virtualenv
* Create virtualenv
* Activate  the virtual environment
* Install things locally to the virtual env using pip
* Deactivate when finished

This way you create isolated environments for each one of your applications
without messing up with the system packages. You can then delete them if
you don't need them anymore without the fear of destroying everything... :)

There are also other tools to make this even more pleasant (pew, pipenv).