/usr/local/bin/lynx: Bad CPU type in executable

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Dec 22 05:42:04 UTC 2019

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> And more generally, remove anything you have in /usr/local.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#usrlocal

I use /usr/local all the time for stuff I either wrote myself or grabbed
from somewhere else, without any problems; I reserve /opt/local for
MacPorts stuff.

Of course, I've been using /usr/local for some decades on BSD-type boxes,
so it's a hard habit to change...

FWIW, FreeBSD (my other main system) uses /usr/local for its own ports
system, along with my own stuff etc.

My remaining box, a Penguin, shovels everything under /usr/bin which I
detest.

-- Dave