smtube -- useful little youtube browser.

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:04:17 UTC 2019

I am sorry to hear that. Almost every port builds for me on 10.6.8. There are few exceptions these days -- only MacOS SDK issues.

But unfortunately the blacklisting and whitelisting and fallbacks in MacPorts don't always work out, as hard as we try to make it happen.

I default to build every port with clang-5.0 these days, by setting this in "/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf"

default_compilers       macports-clang-5.0  macports-clang-3.9 macports-clang-3.8 macports-clang-3.7 gcc-4.2 llvm-gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.0 gcc-4.2 gcc-4.0

IF you would like to get MPlayer to build, you most likely would have success doing the same, or for a one-off build, do something like this:

sudo port clean MPlayer

sudo port -v install MPlayer configure.compiler=macports-clang-5.0

I dream of the day that all of MacPorts is set up to:

1. use libc++ for every build
2. use clang-5.0 or newer for every build

but in the meantime you may need to force a compiler as I showed above.

It does work:

$ port -v installed mplayer
  MPlayer @1.3.0_3 (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64' date='2019-01-22T19:47:43-0800'

as far back as 10.4 on all systems.