A general philosophical question about MacPorts

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Thu Feb 21 13:51:46 UTC 2019

> On 21 Feb 2019, at 8:00 pm, macports-users-request at lists.macports.org wrote:
>
> For me. My usage is atypical. If a 2GB Linux VM works for you as a
> replacement for MacPorts, that's great.

Bill not for a heart beat would I suggest replacing mac ports with a VM.
I was opining that using a VM is better/nicer/whatever than installing linux natively on your mac.
I read that Linus Tolvards uses a mac (natach running linux) as his machine. Doing so might be nice idealogically but until apple overwhelms with things like SIP osx uses the hardware better,

James