Python/boost problem

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 13:35:07 UTC 2019

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 01:18, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Sierra, latest MacPorts.  Doing the usual "port upgrade outdated"...
>
>      --->  Staging itstool into destroot
>      --->  Installing itstool @2.0.2_3
>      --->  Activating itstool @2.0.2_3
>      --->  Cleaning itstool
>      Error: boost: Variant python27 conflicts with python36
>      Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants

This "Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants" is totally
strange in any case.

(I'm totally speculating now, but it could even be a bug in MacPorts
base, but I don't know if you could explain how to reproduce it, and
without having a way to reproduce it, it's super difficult to figure
out what went wrong.)

Other than than, I would probably clean boost (or perhaps clean all
ports), run "port outdated" to check which ports are still in the
queue for update, and then retry.

Mojca