problem with reactivating ports

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sun Jan 13 13:26:25 UTC 2019

[macports running from git]

Folks,

I wanted to compile a project under MacPorts, and at the same time I
wanted to protocol what MacPorts packages must be installed in advance
before starting compilation.  My glorious idea was to say

  port echo active > macports.active
  sudo port deactivate `cat macports.active`

to deactivate all MacPorts packages.  I tried with the `-y' flag in
advance, just to be sure...

It seems now that this was actually a bad idea.  First of all, `port'
aborted in the middle, talking about not being able to deactivate
`libgcc8' (which is on the `macports.active' list).  Secondly,
restarting `port' no longer works; it complains as follows

  dlopen(/opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib, 6):
    Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version:
    Pextlib.dylib requires version 10.0.0 or later,
    but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 7.0.0

As a first aid I tried to re-install `port' from `macports-base', but
I still get this error.

My questions.

* How can I restore (i.e., re-activate) all installed MacPorts
  packages?  Given that I'm on Lion, I would *really* avoid
  recompiling everything from scratch...

* Is there a simple way to protocol needed MacPorts packages?

    Werner