conflicting variants while rebuilding a dependency

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Jan 13 23:35:51 UTC 2019

On 2019-1-14 09:59 , Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>
> On 2019-01-13 02:04:30 +0100 Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>

>>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>>     gexiv2 @0.10.8_1+python27+python36 (active)
>>
>>> So, I suppose that when it was installed, the two python variants
>>> were possible, but now now anymore?
>>
>> It's boost complaining about conflicting variants, not gexiv2.
>>
>> What variants is boost installed with? Do you have anything in
>> variants.conf?
>
> I dont't currently have boost installed so it is a new dependency for me.
>
> $ port installed boost
> None of the specified ports are installed.
>
> You can see that from here:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for gexiv2
> The following dependencies will be installed:
>  boost
>  ctags
>  gtk-doc
>  py36-anytree
>  py36-lxml
>  py36-pygments
>  py36-setuptools
>  py36-six
>  pygments_select
>  source-highlight

Hmm. I assumed all the dependencies must have already been installed,
since gexiv2 must itself be installed for rev-upgrade to be operating on
it. In that case the installed variants from gexiv2 must be getting
passed down to its dependencies? I'm not sure that ought to happen.

In any case, that should mean if you install boost first, the issue will
be circumvented.

- Josh