locale relative to the application

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 14 20:04:18 UTC 2019

On Jan 14, 2019, at 09:50, heinrich.adam wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need all relative to my application.
> I don't want anything in the /opt folder
>
> Everything works (libraries, icons) except the locale in the open and  close dialog it appears in english
> If I add /opt/local/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gtk30.mo the open and  close dialog appears in german
>
> Is there a possibility to solve this problem ?
>
> regards
> Heinrich

Hello Heinrich,

Can you provide more information? It sounds like you are using MacPorts gtk3 and other dependencies in an application that you would like to distribute outside of MacPorts, and that you've copied those libraries and their support files into your application bundle, maybe using something like dylibbundler to fix up the library linkage, but that it still wants to load gettext message catalogs from their original location in /opt/local and you would like to change this to the location inside the application bundle. Is that right?

If so, I'm not immediately certain how to inform gettext where the message catalogs have moved to, but I'll bet there's a way; I'm sure it's been done before. What is the application you're wanting to distribute, and how did you create the application bundle with the MacPorts dependencies?

-Ryan